The Wisconsin state capital of Madison is an exciting place to live, work and play...full of history, entertainment and the arts. Not to mention the restaurants — if you’re a self-proclaimed foodie, you’ll love the variety of locally-owned, farm-to-table options offered throughout the area. Renowned chefs, top restaurants and food cooperatives and festivals make Madison a foodie mecca.
Madison also offers gorgeous views, settled as it is between two scenic lakes — both of which are ringed by pedestrian trails. This naturally beautiful city has abundant outdoor activities. With a total of five lakes in the Madison area, you’re never far from an opportunity to fish, swim, boat, run, walk, sail...you get the idea! And if you’re a cyclist, this is your town. Madison was ranked by USA Today as #4 best cycling towns.
The area’s been described as one of the few places where urban living blends seamlessly with authentic Midwestern culture. Locals are kind and hospitable. The feel is surprisingly down-to-earth.
What’s Great about the Madison area:
- Voted #1 Best Place to Live in US in 2021 - Livability.com
- Ranked #1 Best Cities for Work-Life Balance in 2020 - gobankingrates.com
- Ranked #4 Greenest Cities in the US in 2020 - Zippia.com
- Diverse and energetic
- Excellence in education, arts and architecture
- Fabulous for foodies
“Staff Picks - Madison Area”
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
- Dane County Farmers' Market on the Square
- Madison Mallards Baseball at "The Duck Pond"
- Hanging out at Memorial Union
...and others too numerous to mention!