You will be in a unique position to touch nearly every single project that flows through our doors. Working with our Senior Specification Writer, you will be preparing project specifications (including general conditions), enhancing and maintaining master specifications and determining innovative ways to meet client needs through the construction specification delivery process including integration with our Revit platform.
We're looking for individuals with a strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application and manufacturer/supplier capabilities.
- Interpret architectural and interior design plans and prepare material lists and specifications to be used.
- Modify or write architectural specifications and compile specifications documents.
- Coordinate with and assist other staff in determining appropriate specifications to be used on specific projects.
- Maintain master specification, materials and product information files.
- Participate in the education and training of staff through the presentation and dissemination of new products, materials, systems and specification developments.
- Maintain awareness of the products on the market; maintain and develop the firm library of catalogs and other information for designers and architects to use.
- Degree in architecture, engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in prior building construction settings, including but not limited to architecture firms, architecture/engineering firms, construction management or specification consulting firms.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an architectural specifications writer.
- Public bid coordination experience preferred.
- CSI certification preferred.
compensation and benefits
ADCI offers a comprehensive compensation package, a team-oriented environment and challenging work assignments. Our team has designed award-winning projects across the United States, particularly for the hospitality and leisure markets. Our culture is rooted in a deep sense of family. We provide opportunities for mentorship and professional development within the context of a flexible work environment.
- 401k with 3% company contribution upon eligibility
- Health, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Relocation stipend for strong candidates
- Up to 120 hours of PTO
- Signing Bonus
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Salary based on experience and potential
ADCI has offices in Lake Delton, WI and Madison, WI. If you are interested in becoming part of our award-winning team, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@adcidesign.com for consideration.